Pilingcaps.com makes every effort to ensure that your order is delivered to quickly and reliably, and that all merchandise arrives undamaged and with no missing parts. If you do need to make a return, our professional staff will be happy to assist you with the process.
To take advantage of our Free Shipping offer, you must purchase $50 or more worth of merchandise in a single order, and select "Free Shipping" as the shipping method at checkout.
Free Shipping is only available to addresses in the Contiguous United States (this excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and other US Territories) and applies only to merchandise purchased from pilingcaps.com.
Please allow 4-8 business days for delivery.
SHIPPING COSTS & ESTIMATES
The shipping cost listed with your order is an estimate. Although we strive to make our shipping estimates as accurate as possible, on rare occasions actual shipping costs can vary from the quoted rate. Should the shipping cost be higher than quoted, we will contact you for approval before processing and shipping your order.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FREIGHT TRUCK SHIPMENTS
Someone must be present to sign for and unload the delivery.
Freight truck shipments are typically shrink-wrapped and palletized. You may need to break down the shipment or use a forklift to unload the delivery.
You are responsible for unloading your delivery; the delivery driver is not required to assist (although many of them will, if asked politely).
Before signing for the delivery, you must inspect all items and note any damage or missing items on the delivery receipt.
Pilingcaps.com takes every precaution in packaging your order to ensure that it arrives in pristine condition, but on rare occasions, damage or loss can occur during transit. For this reason, we must rely on you as the receiving customer to inspect all shipments when they arrive.
To expedite this, we ask that you please do the following:
- Remove any shrink wrap so that you can inspect and count the contents carefully.
- Items such as dock floats and dock boxes are more vulnerable to forklift damage, so please check them carefully.
- Compare the number of packages on the delivery receipt with the actual number of packages to ensure that none are missing.
- Make notes of any damage or missing packages on the delivery receipt before signing it.
When you sign the delivery receipt without making additional notes on it, you attest that the freight was received in good condition and you release the carrier of all liability. Pilingcaps.com cannot be held responsible for missing or damaged freight items when the damage or loss is not noted on the delivery receipt.
The delivery driver must wait for you to finish inspecting your shipment, so please take your time and inspect everything thoroughly. We realize that the delivery drivers are often in a rush, but make them wait an extra 5-10 minutes while you inspect everything!
Your shipping charges do not cover any additional services provided by the freight carrier, unless specifically noted on your invoice.
Freight carriers charge a fee for any additional services they provide. These additional services are not included in the shipping charges quoted, unless specifically noted on your invoice.
We have negotiated different rates with each carrier for each additonal service, so we can ship your order with the most cost-effective carrier depending on your requirements. If you know in advance that you need one of these services, please call 1-888-322-9508 so we can provide you with an accurate quote for the additional charge.Services available include:
- Guaranteed Service — Guarantees that the freight truck will deliver on a certain day. Typically costs an additional 10% of the estimated freight charges and must be arranged in advance. Not available for Residential deliveries, construction sites, or limited access sites.
- Lift Gate Service — Flat fee of $35 if arranged in advance. If you unexpectedly require lift gate service at the time of delivery and the delivery truck is not equipped with a lift gate, a Redelivery fee (approximately $80) will apply in addition to the Lift Gate Service fee.
- Change of Address — Minimum $78, plus additional freight charges if shipping to a different zip code.
- Inside Delivery — Varies ($30-150, depending on carrier).
- Limited Access Fee (construction sites, military installations, some gated communities) — Varies ($35-75, depending on carrier).
- Redelivery Attempts — Approximately $80 per attempt.
Should your shipment unexpectedly require any of these additional services or incur any other addtional fees from the carrier at time of delivery, we will provide you with a separate invoice for these additional charges, which you agree to pay within 15 days of the date of invoice.
EXCHANGES & REFUNDS
- All returns or exchanges must be made within 30 days of the date of purchase.
- Merchandise must be returned to us in new condition.
- Customers are responsible for all shipping costs during any return or exchange.
- All merchandise must be returned with shipping charges pre-paid.
- Free shipping is not available for the replacement merchandise.
- All merchandise returned for refund is subject to a 15% restocking fee. Exchanges are not subject to a restocking fee.
- All shipping & handling fees are non-refundable.
- All returns or exchanges require an RMA number assigned by an authorized Pilingcaps.com representative. The RMA number should be clearly marked on all packages. Merchandise without an RMA will be returned to sender.
- Refunds are calculated based on the purchase price of the merchandise only.
- Please allow up to 10 days from the date of our receipt of the merchandise for processing.
A limited number of products are ineligible for return or refund. These include any products marked Special Order and any products with restricted return policies noted in their product descriptions.
Please call 1-888-322-9508 or use our contact form to request an RMA number. If contacting us via email, please include your order information and a description of the issue prompting the return and a representative will contact you shortly.
Authorized returns should be shipped to:
Dock Builders Supply
Attention: Pilingcaps.com Returns
6202 Powell Road
Gibsonton, FL 33534
When returning products, it is highly recommended that you use a service that provides delivery tracking, such as UPS or FedEx. We do not recommend using the US Postal Service for returns. If your order was sent to you via common carrier/freight truck, then the return merchandise usually needs to be returned using common carrier/freight truck as well.